Sunday, July 12, 2009

homemade beverages

Today I made some of my (boyfriends) favorites beverages.
first up rosewater lemonade.
1 packet lemonade unsweetened mix (like kool-aid)
1/2 to 1 c. of sugar or splenda (depends on how sugary you want it)
1/3 c. of rose water (easily picked up at a middle eastern grocer or a place that carries middle eastern groceries)
I mix everything together in a 2L. I use a funnel to get everything into the 2L, first the dry ingredients, then the wet. Fill up the rest of the bottle with water, shake and you are all set.

Second beverage I made.
Sweet Green Tea.
I love southern food, I love southern drinks, so why would I not love sweet tea. Here is a green tea version.
10 green tea bags
10 cups of water
1 c. sugar or splenda
I boil the tea bags for about a minute or 2 and then let them sit in the hot water for at least 5 minutes. Add the sugar to the water and let dissolve.
I will occasionally put fresh mint in it, but the bf is not a fan of mint so I usually omit the mint. You can also add blueberries or raspberries to it if you would like it to be a bit fruity. The fruit makes it taste wonderful.
Enjoy guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment