Monday, January 21, 2013

Confetti Rice

I've been a lazy vegan and have been relying on my stash in the freezer. Well today it's like 10 degrees outside and it gave me a perfect reason to cook. Thank goodness I went shopping before it decided to turn into Antarctica over here. I'm going to share one of my absolute favorite recipes with you
today. I've been eating this stuff for about 3 years and I love it. Also, its super easy to make, and it makes a lot of food so you can freeze part of it if you want. I usually do! The reason it is called Confetti Rice is because its very colorful and looks kinda like confetti. Right?

Confetti Rice
1 cup of dry rice (any kind)
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 bag of spinach, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can of stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 cup vegetable juice
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp. 21 Salute Seasoning
1 tsp. pink salt


  • Rinse rice until water runs clear and boil in a pot until soft, drain in strainer, rinse and set aside.
  • In a large saucepan heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat, add bell pepper, and onion, cook until onion is translucent. Then add spinach and garlic, let cook, covered, until spinach wilts.
  • Add stewed tomatoes, vegetable juice and seasonings. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
  • In a big bowl combine spinach mixture with rice. 



See how easy that is? You can eat it plain like that, in a bowl, like I do. OR you can use it as a side dish, either way it's delicious and super good for you! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment