Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Gluten-free sesame crackers and Almond Cheddar Cheese

 Don't those look awesome! Gluten-free, vegan, and delicious. I missed crackers badly *carb junkie* and the store bought ones always tasted nasty to me, plus if I can make it at home, I will. I don't like having all those chemicals in my food anyways. This is an OH SHE GLOWS recipe, and I am a huge fan of hers! I find myself making something from her site often, and this is one of my favorites.
Easy gluten-free, vegan crackers. Yummy!
They are easily modified by added different herbs or spices, recently I've been subbing in 21 seasoning salute and Himalayan pink salt for the thyme and regular salt.
 This is a vegan almond cheese spread on the gluten-free cracker. AMAZING! I used this recipe Vegan Sharp Cheddar Cheese from The Accidental Vegetarian, which is such a good recipe for regular cheese, it melts, it looks right, tastes right. Hands down favorite fake cheese in the world! I wanted something more spreadable or that I could mold into a cheese ball with slivered almonds around the outside. Something that normally would not be vegan. This is what I found out:

To make it into a spread, I added:
1/4 c. roasted red pepper
2 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp of plain almond milk
Put into food processor with miso and tomato paste.
That's it, so easy!

I'm going to go finish eating these now..

No comments:

Post a Comment