Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's been a long while since I have added anything into this and its about time I started doing it again. In the time that has passed, I discovered I have Celiac Disease and am Gluten-Intolerant. From a health perspective it was a good thing. I have slowly been feeling better and getting back to doing the things I love. Now when it comes to the food, let's face it, I was bummed. I LOOOOOVVVED carbs, LOVED them the way people love chocolate (also amazing), so this has been challenging to say the least. On top of that, I am lactose-intolerant so there goes dairy as well. Cheese is another love of mine, but we can get to that another day. So, I have basically become gluten-free and vegan over that amount of time. All new recipes will reflect this and I hope whoever follows doesn't mind. Thanks!

This is one of my favorite recipes, reasons why? It's fast, easy, and delicious! This dish is great as a side or over rice/mashed potatoes.

Marinated Mushrooms

1lb Fresh Mushrooms, thickly sliced ( I have used button, crimini, portobello, they all taste good)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C. olive oil
1/4 C. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. 21 Seasoning Salute (Love this stuff!)
2 Tbsp. Water
1/4 Tsp. Salt

 Mix ingredients together and let sit for at least 1 hour. 
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and put mushrooms and marinade into a oven-safe casserole dish and cover with foil.
Let bake for 20 minutes.
Serve and Eat!

Enjoy lovelies!


No comments:

Post a Comment