Sunday, January 27, 2013

Spicy Peanut Thai Noodles

Lately I've been trying to come up with quick and easy Vegan/GF recipes for family, and what I consider easy and what other people consider easy are two different things. This is a quick and easy, I promise! Seriously, the hardest thing is putting together the sauce and cutting up the tofu/ginger/garlic. You can even make the sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge. I know when you see the recipe you are gonna be like "Whoa, you said easy, that does not look easy." Trust me, it's MUCH easier then it looks.

Spicy Peanut Thai Noodles
Serves 4
1 package rice noodles, cooked according to directions and set aside.
 **I used the super skinny ones because that's all I had at the moment**
Sauce:
1/2 C. natural creamy peanut butter
1/2 C. water
1/3 C. Bragg's Liquid Aminos 
1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
2 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. sugar or 3 packets of stevia
1 tsp. siracha, or siracha to taste.
****Note: For the last 2 ingredients, I actually use 2 Tbsp. of an all natural sweet chili sauce. I'm going to post a picture of the bottle so you know what it looks like. I found my bottle in a local market that carries international products. I suggest you pick up a bottle if you ever see it, it's very versatile in the kitchen. It also makes a great sweet and sour sauce if you add rice vinegar to it.****


Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and whisk together over low heat until combined. The peanut butter won't really blend with the other ingredients unless its heated. Set aside.

Veggies:
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil (or sesame oil)
1 clove garlic, minced
1-1 inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
1 block extra firm tofu, cubed
1 Tbsp. Bragg's Liquid Aminos
1/3 C. water
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar or 1 1/2 stevia packets
5 cups frozen stir-fry veggies
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add everything but the veggies and let saute for 5 minutes. Add veggies until cooked to liking (I like mine crisp, so it was about 8 minutes)

Add Peanut Sauce to veggies and let cook until hot. Pour over rice noodles. Serve with garnishes 
 Garnishes:
1/2 c. chopped peanuts
1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 lime cut into 4 wedges
I eat this hot, but it is also good cold. Don't believe me, try it for yourself!
The Best Chili Sauce and the ingredients are as follows sugar, water, chili, garlic, acetic acid, salt, and xantham gum. 

Spicy Peanut Thai Noodles with garnishes! Delish!!


No comments:

Post a Comment