Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday Product Review


      Today, I am going to be telling you about two excellent GF/Vegan products. I am not sponsored or paid to endorse anything so if I tell you it's good, you should probably try it. First up is the The Road's End Organics, GF/Vegan Mac&Chreese. First off, I don't eat a lot of foods that come in a cardboard box aside from cereal, and even that can be challenging. Second off, this stuff is AWESOME! It's a convenience food, that tastes excellent. To find a GF/Vegan convenience food is hard, to find one that doesn't taste like it should go back in the box and then into the garbage, is a whole other story. I will be the first one to tell you that most vegan cheese substitutes stink. There are probably like 2 brands of vegan cheese that I will eat, this is coming from a non-picky eater too! Anyways, this stuff doesn't taste chalky, it tastes creamy, and how they do it without having nuts in there is beyond me.  The texture, the flavor, everything about it is great. It really fills in the Kraft Mac&Cheese void that I have had since being GF/Vegan. I actually have a couple boxes on hand for those "lazy vegan" days. The noodles also cook really well, which is a huge plus, if you know gluten-free noodles, then you know most brands stink!  The company also offers various other products besides this, they have non-GF mac&chreese, GF/Vegan bouillons, gravy mixes, etc. Just go take a look, you won't regret it!

      Speaking of gluten-free noodles, I hate crunchy gluten-free noodles don't you? Tinkyada Pasta says right on the bag that they have a "good consistent texture" and that they're "not mushy", but would it live up to the packaging and not turn up either a crunchy or mushy mess? I am so happy to say YES!!!! These are the by far the BEST GF/Vegan noodles I have found! It's not just the elbows, either, I have tried the shells, the penne, the linguine, and not one thing has let me down. I actually can't wait to try their lasagna noodles because I miss lasagna and had yet to find a GF/Vegan version. Honestly, this stuff is fool-proof too. There are two other brands of pasta that I will buy, if I can't find the Tinkyada brand, and even with those I have had to figure out the trick to getting them just right.  I can even say I let these over-cook a little and they still weren't mushy. It's also norm-aprrover (people who aren't gluten-intolerant/celiacs), and that right there speaks volumes! So go out and buy a bag, or two, and never have to complain about an over/under cooked noodle again!
PS-The elbows and shells are what I use in my GF/Vegan Mac and "Cheese" recipe. Only the best for my Mac and "Cheese"!

No comments:

Post a Comment